Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's Come to This

This week had us enduring 95 degree days with high humidity and gusty winds--we broke down and turned on the air conditioner.  We cooled off and the house dried out (it was so sticky!) Now this morning I am wishing the furnace was on. Sweatshirt, socks, hot coffee--all are needed for Saturday morning comfort; and mi esposo brought me toast (with coffee re-fills) on a platter, so all is well. Now I can do some thinking.....
...a decision has to be made. I'm finishing up the "Marine Quilt," which is the Boxed Blessings pattern by the talented Ingrid Barlow.  (As I've said before, I'm not really a quilter, so I'm sort of winging it at this stage.  And, I humbly suggest my photo doesn't do it justice; the fabrics combined for a rather attractive, quirky design.) So....do I quilt it in straight lines running at 45 degree angles criss-crossing the entire quilt, neatly intersecting the blocks at their centers and corners; or do I quilt in a higglety-pigglety squiggly fashion all over the design, thus contrasting with the straightness of the fabric pieces?

Aaarggghhh.... more caffeine, please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...