Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Christmas Glow

A couple weeks ago I made some Christmas candles, using little more than a dollar-store candle.  (If you're curious you can see it here, or you can probably just keep scrolling down....) This week I finished up another simple one, using this graphic from, where else?!, the Graphics Fairy:

The Graphics Fairy has other designs that sort of match this.
I may have to make a set!
(That's where the madness starts.....)
Along the bottom, in matching green, I added the inscription:

Joy to You at Christmas

I think it sounds quaint and, well...joyful!

After sizing my image to only be as tall as the wax (leaving the top part clear), I printed it out onto Decal Paper, etc. etc. etc.  Here's the result!


The bow is just twine, combined with a couple jingle bells I found lying in a box of Christmas sequins, glitter & doo-dads; along with two leaves that fell off some "holly" holiday lights we bought this year (literally found them on the floor and thought, "these might work!"). See how well thought-out this whole process is? ha!

And here's the backside:


My quasi-lame attempt at "staging" has given the photo a sort of golden glow. The colors are actually a little more vibrant. I'll just call that soft light!


And now, dear readers, if you are still with me....I have to come clean.  This is what my dining room table has looked like the past couple days.  Aaaaarrrggghhh!  This is pretty much what it looks like right now, as I am typing this.  I have just received news that we are having guests dropping in for lunch tomorrow.  You know, lunch--where you sit around the table.... Yikes!

.........................................................................

Update:  Never let it be said that I can't rally when called upon!


xoxoxoxox


Have never joined anything like this, but thought it looked fun.
Wow, there's a whole lotta creative folks out there!

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Would you please tell me the make and model of your printer? I would love to do this. Thank you so much, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I recently purchased an Epson Artisan 837. I was told it is one of the best, affordable printers for photos (it has 6 ink cartridges!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I am crazy about these candles and I want to do them. Wow, I just priced an Epson Artisan 837 and I thought I was going to see a price totally out of my range...I can afford that. I wish I could stay home from work today to finish my decorating. You have really inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ADORABLE! That row of sweet children I saw at GraphicsFairy recently is one of this year's faves for me, too!


    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at Graphicsfairy :D

    From Chilly NW Illinois,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your candle! I printed off those images too but then I couldn't figure out how to use them. I like what you did on the decal paper! Coming over from Brag Monday and a new follower. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea! (via Graphics Fairy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found you! AND, I have read many of the same books - just this year as you have. I now reside back in my hometown in Oregon, but I spent 15 years just 11 years ago in Wisconsin and Illinois. Your blog will be on my Favorite list from now on. I will be anxious to read more about you and your life...

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing from you again.
      Let me know what you're reading--I can always you a good book suggestion!
      --Mary

      Delete
  8. Glad you joined in the newbie party. Have fun. This is a gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would move your friends list up some so people see it and can join in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your encouraging comments & advice! I'll be in touch!
    --Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...